查看: 1252|回复: 1

[燕姿留言] 2011-07-05 Square Pegs (附翻译)

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-7-6 09:16:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I know I know,
it's been two thousand years.

Let me start by saying, I'm a square peg.

Almost everywhere around me I see round holes. This usually means that I need to shave off my corners a bit. That my friends, is the part I mind. No, hate."

As technology bombards me everyday with little snippets about every single damn thing in the world, my mind is ALWAYS, CONSTANTLY engaged. I even find myself checking my phone for updates at traffic lights. (Do not attempt to do this lowly, terribly, irresponsible act my readers.)

Someone is having a whale of a time, someone's kid is super smart, someone is clever and opinionated and gives a cute one liner, someone is bummed, someone is missing their dog, someone thinks of a hamburger. I take all these information in and realised that at the same time, my mind is merely engaged for as long as it takes to read the updates. All these smart and interesting and fun people are living their lives to the ultimate fullest and I'm at home watching Korean DVD??? (DISCLAIMER: I have a bit of cough you see, an itchy throat.)

It makes me envious. And a little bit jealous.

I feel out of sync with the amazing life.
My dullest moments are not worth mentioning and my most dramatic/dangerous/mind blowing moments are probably over. (Maybe except my future delivery of a baby which explicit details I shall not go into).

I very often wonder what is next in my life.
What do you get to top?

Would I be happy dishing out a hearty potato soup?
Or does it have to be sensationally jamie oliverish or so-horrid-you-had-to-blog-about-it to make it worthwhile?

Can I continue to be just a square peg in this round holed world?
DISCLAIMER II: Being a square peg doesn't mean that you are boring. It just means that sometimes you don't fit in. Anywhere. And I'm not boring I just have days where I like to hole up and disappear. But you already know that.  if you think this makes me sound like a loser, you are smart and opinionated.

感谢joyapple1翻译
方枘圆凿【注:成语“方枘(rui)圆凿”的意思是方形的木钉无法钉入圆形的洞里,比喻与周遭环境不能相合。标题Square Pegs的意思即为方形的木钉。】
我知道我知道,我已经两千年没更新了。

让我以这句话开头吧,我是一根方木钉。

在我周围几乎到处可见圆形的孔。这通常意味着,我该削掉一点点我的棱角。但朋友们,这正是我介意的部分。不,是憎恶的部分。

科技的飞速发展让我每天被来自世界各个角落的各类该死的信息轰炸着,我的头脑一直在永不停歇地运转。我甚至发现自己在等绿灯的时候会拿出手机查看更新。(我的读者们请千万不要尝试这种低级、可怕且不负责任的行为)。

有人过得很开心,有的人孩子非常聪明,有的人头脑聪明有主见说出了一句很精辟的话,有人郁闷了,有人在想念他们的狗,有人想吃汉堡了。我把这些信息全部接收进来,同时我也意识到,我的大脑一直充斥着这些信息,因为我一直在查看更新。所有这些精明有趣的人都在无比充实地生活着,而我却只是呆在家里看韩剧???(声明:我有点咳嗽,喉咙也发痒了。)

我羡慕他们。甚至有一点点嫉妒。

我觉得我与精彩的生活相脱节。
我最灰暗的那段日子已变得微不足道,而最激烈/危险/不可思议的时刻应该已经远去。(也许不包括将来生小孩的那一刻,具体的细节我现在还不想去探究。)

我时常会想,下一步该做什么、会怎样。

你还想要超越什么?
煮出美味的番茄汤我会很高兴吗?
或者,为了使汤变得更有意义,该不该像杰米.奥利佛【注:Jamie Oliver是英国电视明星大厨,以BBC烹饪节目闻名全球】那样来加以渲染,或因为它难喝而发布一篇博客大肆讨论一番?

在这个充满“圆凿”的世界,我是否可以继续做一根“方枘”?
声明之二:作为一根方木钉并不意味着你是无聊的人。它只是意味着有些时候你无法委曲求全。可以在任何地方。我不会去烦扰他人,我只会去消失一段时间藏起来。不过你们都知道这些了。 如果你觉得这让我听起来像个笨蛋,那么算你头脑聪明有主见。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-7-7 20:20:55 | 显示全部楼层
条理清楚!不错的议论文!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入姿饭

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表