查看: 8290|回复: 52

[燕姿留言] 05/05/03:It's raining very heavily...

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-5-3 09:15:52 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Dear all

HI!
It's raining very heavily outside. I'm at a recording studio right now and I haven't got much to share....

Hmm.

ha.

yodelay heeeee.

How about a lesson in.....LDMR. Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns.
This concept I learnt in Economics in Junior College (or High School).
The first time I learnt it I was amazed by this simple yet extremely concise way of summarizing human beings.
Imagine you are very hungry, you begin to eat what you have longed to eat.....say a donut. The first donut is heaven. You finish one in 10 seconds and lick the powdered sugar off your lips. The 2nd donut you might take 15 seconds to finish. And when you are offered a 3rd, you are hesitant. And if you are forced to eat a 4th, the donut begins to tasted like a ring of lard.
This Law states that wth every increase in consumption of a unit, your utility (satisfaction) will reach a point where it will increase at a decreasing rate and eventually start to decline. You would want to smack anyone who offers you the next donut.

It is so relevant in my everyday life that I want to share it with you. How do you prevent it? You can't if you offer the same thing again and again. It has to be something else, say a mint, a yogurt drink, a chocolate chip cookie. NO I'm not refering to the people who queue up forever to bring me the donuts (I SHARE them, LDMR does not apply here.) I'm talking about this industry. The fickle consumers, the same old artistes and the one thing that we offer, music. How do we offer something else? Hmm. Ha. I don't have all the answers.

ok that's all folks.

growing up,
yz

中文翻译:

标题:外面正下起大雨.........

亲爱的姿迷们:

嗨!外面正在下超大的雨! 我现在在录音室,所以可能无法跟大家聊太多......

嗯..

哈..

有点累 嘻嘻....

说到马可斯洛的经济理论中的边际效益,这是我在大学(还是高中)的经济课中所上过的课程。 当我第一次念到这个理论的时候,我真的非常惊讶! 因为,它对人类的消费行为竟然如此地写实。

想象一下,你现在非常的饿,饿到想吃自己许久以来就一直很想吃的东西.....比如说是甜甜圈好了。 吃第一个甜甜圈的时候,感觉自身在天堂一样得到了满足,只花十秒就吃完了,且还意犹未尽地粘残留在嘴角上的糖霜,吃第二个的时候,大概只花了15秒就吃完了,等到给你第三个的时候,就开始犹豫要不要吃了?! 如果硬要你吃第四个,就会觉得手上的甜甜圈吃起来像是一团油面包,没什么食欲。

这就是边际效益法则,它说明了每个人对消费一样东西的时候,它所带给个人的情况(满足感)。当它达到最高点的时候,接下来就会开始往下降。这时候,如果有人再给你一个甜甜圈,你就会很想揍他!

这跟我每天所想要跟你们分享的情况很类似。 你又如何预防呢? 你无法一而再,再而三地提供相同的东西,应该来点不同的,好比说:来片薄荷啦、或是一瓶优酪乳、还是一客巧克力饼干。 别误会,我不是要谁替我排队帮我买个甜甜圈(我可是会跟大家一起分享的,马可斯洛就不会这样教我们了!) 我要说的是唱片市场,谈的是善变的消费者,以及跟我已合作很久的音乐创作者,一起创作音乐!
我们还能提供什么东西给大家呢?嗯... 嘿~~ 我也没有答案咧....

好啰~~今天就先这样子了...

成长中的燕姿

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-5-3 09:16:29 | 显示全部楼层

占个位子先.......去帮大家翻译去喽......

== 我再把翻译PO上来!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-5-3 09:34:05 | 显示全部楼层

那么我又只能占到板凳了,原来那边也在下大雨,呵呵