[燕姿留言] 06/02/01:time

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-2-1 10:30:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

06.02.01 燕姿华纳留言:time

time

sunyanzi
sunyanzi
发表于: 2006-02-01 04:07:40 IP:202.156.x.x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi

this is the 6th chinese new year we've spent here. today i met up with old friends at sisong's and weisong's house.....and it's the same topics. How it's been X years, how we were young and full of aspirations, how we worked hard, how 2005 was kind to us and how it was cruel. And time just streams by. And people come and go. And sometimes they stayed around for some time, and sometimes they leave, and sometimes they stick around forever. And sometimes time gushes like water from a dam, and there were laughter and booze, and pajama parties and surprises. And it also trickles like a spoilt tap, and there were unkind words and tears and periods of remission.

i have alot of time to spare these days. i've been reading alot of poetry after watching 'in her shoes'. this chick lit movie turned out to be better than i thought.....let me share one here.

(this is an interesting one...)

A Psychological Tip

Whenever you're called on to make up your mind,
and you're hampered by not having any,
the best way to solve the dilemma, you'll find,
is simply by spinning a penny.

No - not so that chance shall decide the affair
while you're passively standing there moping;
but the moment the penny is up in the air,
you suddenly know what you're hoping

-- Piet Hein

hope you like that.

yz

燕姿留言英文中文对照翻译如下:

(Title)time
(标题)时间

hi

this is the 6th chinese new year we've spent here. today i met up with old friends at sisong's and weisong's house.....and it's the same topics. How it's been X years, how we were young and full of aspirations, how we worked hard, how 2005 was kind to us and how it was cruel. And time just streams by. And people come and go. And sometimes they stayed around for some time, and sometimes they leave, and sometimes they stick around forever. And sometimes time gushes like water from a dam, and there were laughter and booze, and pajama parties and surprises. And it also trickles like a spoilt tap, and there were unkind words and tears and periods of remission.
这是我们一起度过的第六个农历新年了。今天我在偲崧和伟崧家里见了一些老朋友……聊了一些同样的话题。过去这么多年所经历的、那时我们多么年轻而且充满了抱负、我们工作得多么辛苦、2005年这年种种的好与坏,还有时间的不断流逝。人们来来去去,有时候他们逗留了一段时间,有时候他们就离开了,有时候他们就这样待着不走了。有时候时间就像水坝泄洪那样喷出来,有着笑声与酒宴,居家宴会与惊喜;有时候时间就像坏掉的水龙头不断滴水,有着不和善的言词、泪水,以及舒缓的时光。

i have alot of time to spare these days. i've been reading alot of poetry after watching 'in her shoes'. this chick lit movie turned out to be better than i thought.....let me share one here.
这几天我蛮空闲的,看了电影《偷穿高跟鞋》(In Her Shoes,英文原意是「处于她的环境、状况」)之后我读了好多诗,这部女性电影比我原本所想象的要好看……让我在这里分享一下。
(Leo Man按:燕姿所说的「chick lit movie」是从英美出版界最近几年所流行的「chick lit」流派而来,请参考 http://big5.xinhuanet.com/gate/big5/news.xinhuanet.com/herald/2005-09/27/content_3549692.htm

(this is an interesting one...)
(这是很有趣的一篇……)

A Psychological Tip
一个心理学的秘诀

Whenever you're called on to make up your mind,
and you're hampered by not having any,
the best way to solve the dilemma, you'll find,
is simply by spinning a penny.
每当你被要求下定决心
而你又完全无法决定的时候
你会发现
解决这进退两难困境的最好方法
就是拿出一枚硬币往上丢

No - not so that chance shall decide the affair
while you're passively standing there moping;
but the moment the penny is up in the air,
you suddenly know what you're hoping
不,并不是说运气将决定一切
在你被动、忧郁地站在那里的时候
而是当硬币在空中翻滚的那一刻
你就会突然明了自己所期盼的是什么

-- Piet Hein
(Leo Man按:Piet Hein生于1905年,在1996年过世,是丹麦一位很有名的科学家、数学家、发明家、作者与诗人,相当多才多艺。有关他的生平请见 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Hein_(Denmark) ,想看他所写下的全部55首诗,可以到 http://www.poemhunter.com/piet-hein/poems/poet-6706/page-1/

hope you like that.
希望你们会喜欢

yz
燕姿

(以上燕姿留言翻译by 狮子座男子 Leo Man)

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-2-1 10:50:10 | 显示全部楼层

YZ是想告诉我们不要被困难打倒吧~~

其实过去的一年老大的压力应该蛮大的

吼吼``不过2006年~~值得期待!

回复 支持 反对