查看: 4352|回复: 19

[燕姿留言] 2009-03-05 Of Ribena and Other Things

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-3-6 09:32:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Of Ribena and Other Things
关於Ribena饮料和其他的一些事情

It's raining cats and dogs again in Singapore, and tonight is one of those nights where you would huddle at home, watch your favourite tv shows or curl up with a good magazine with some ribena and beef pastrami! Or pistachios! Or instant noodles! Whatever, you know what i mean.
又是一个新加坡下著大雨的夜晚,这是那种会让你只想窝在家里的夜晚。看看喜欢的电视节目或好看的杂志,一边喝著Ribena饮料,一边配著腌熏牛肉或开心果或泡面!诸如此类的东西,你知道我的意思。

--

Some friends have remarked on the changes in me and the way i look these days. It's one of those things that you know and you don't.
有些朋友在讨论最近我的改变与模样,有些事情是你知道或不知道的。

You know you have changed, somewhat. It is in the choices you make, it's in the way you wear your hair, the way lipsticks suddenly seem like a beautiful idea... you don't know if you had changed that much though. You are still very much stuck to your neurotic moody self which had already been paraded and worn proudly on your sleeves for years. And you are sure it is still alive and kicking you in the butt more often than you would care to share with the whole world.
你知道的是,你有了一些转变,那是出自你自己的选择,像是你的发型、你的口红……你不知道的是,是否自己的改变真有那麼大,你的内在仍然是那个神经质、喜怒无常的自己,多年来一直都是如此。而且,你能确认这仍是活生生的你,多过想要与全世界分享的念头。

So when I had another choice to be something else, I hopped happily unto it. It was like a breath from the oxygen tank in the backstage.
所以,每当我有机会扮演不同的角色时,总是十分雀跃期待,就好比在后台能够从氧气筒大口呼吸一般。

Being another girl who knows you from somewhere, from some other time, being a protagonist in another flight of fantasy actually gives me room to breathe. I don't need to be myself for that moment, I don't need to ponder on how bizarrely unnatural it is to have to constantly put your unpolluted self out there for the world to see, crossing my fingers that they would like what I had to offer.
扮演另一个从某处、某个时间认识你的女孩,扮演一个於其他领域自在遨翔的主角,真的让我有喘息的空间。在那一刻,我不再需要做我自己、不需要思考不断地必须把自己最好的一面展示在世人面前有多麼做作,祈祷他们会喜欢我所必须给予的一切。

Being another girl means a different story, sometimes, a different kind of courage, but almost always, the same questions. And I know, we all have the same kind of questions that we ask ourselves over and over and over and over again.
And the answer?
扮演另一个女孩意味著一段不同的故事,有时候,甚至是另一种勇气。可是,总几乎都要面对相同的问题。而且我知道,我们都不断地问自己这相同的问题,不断不断地。然而,答案是什麼呢?

--

Tonight is a cool and breezy night, so different from the last week when the air was so thick it was almost hard to breathe. I am having an ice cold ribena and have decided to skip the expired cookies.
今晚是个凉爽又有微风轻拂的夜晚,跟上周沈重得几乎难以呼吸的空气,是那麼地不同。我手上握著一杯冰凉的Rebina,决定不去碰过期的饼乾。

(以上Abel留言翻译by 狮子座男子Leo Man,我认为第二大段的「你」和「我们」应该都是「Abel」自己)

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-6 11:13:45 | 显示全部楼层
好吧,消灭0回复
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-6 11:33:29 | 显示全部楼层
这么爱喝Ribena...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-3-6 15:49:26 | 显示全部楼层

还吃过期的???