查看: 4944|回复: 2

[燕姿留言] 2012-02-15 孙燕姿最新博文 V Day

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-2-15 19:50:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
                                   V Day

Last night we ventured out on our first married Valentine's Day date.

We decided that it would be the only time in the year when we deliberately remove our rings so as to mimic the impression of dating

The restaurant was nice enough, rose petals were strewn over the table top and a single stalk of rose awaits the lucky lady.

We nestled comfortably in the seat, placed our orders and started the evening with a nice chat.
     It gradually became apparent to us that the singing in the background was less than perfect. It was a Simon Cowell moment.

"It's a no for me."
    "Sorry."
    "Sounds a bit too pitchy for me."
    "I'm sorry sweety, you're so beautiful and talented, keep on believing the dream ok sweetie? Right, thanks."

After hahawing for some time, I noticed the table behind us were making faces. They were obviously displeased with the choice of music and performer. (Yes I must say the male makeshift guitarist/singer was remarkably pitchy.) The lady started making comments about it to another table across the room and looking quite sullen throughout the entire dinner.

As much as we find her reactions hilarious, we talked about singing in places like this. I don't know. I don't envy the trio of musicians, I really don't. Imagine trying to sing to people who are not really there for you, you are supposed to be background music to their conversations, and not fight to reach above the decibels with your craft.

I suppose in a better time and place, I might also do it. And hopefully then, even if I know they are not listening, I can still hear myself above the chatter, and still be perfectly content.

(This is not supposed to be a sad entry btw, just like to pin a contemplative note to things nowadays. Btw I am running out of new things to do. Can I get some suggestions please?)

情人节

昨晚,我们勇敢地出了家门,去过结婚后的第一个情人节。

我们决定把戒指摘下来,来寻找约会的感觉,这是一年中唯一一次我们故意这样做。

餐厅很好。桌面撒满玫瑰花瓣,上面还有一支玫瑰,等待可以得到它的那位幸运女士。

我们坐在舒适的座椅上,点了餐,在愉快的交谈中开始了今晚的约会。

渐渐地,我们开始明显感觉到背景音乐的演唱不那么完美。于是我们像美国偶像的毒舌评委西蒙•考威尔(Simon Cowell)那样评论起来。

投否决票。

抱歉。

我觉得唱得未免也太难听了吧。

很抱歉亲爱的,你很漂亮很有才华,继续坚持你的梦想好吗亲爱的?就这样吧,谢谢。

我们又嘻嘻哈哈地聊了一会,然后我发现我们后面的那桌人在扮鬼脸。他们显然对音乐和表演者的安排不够满意。(是的我确实觉得那位男吉他手/歌手表现很一般)。那位女士开始与屋子另一边的一桌人议论起来,在整个晚餐的过程中,她看起来一直都不太高兴。

我们觉得她的反应很好笑,然后开始谈起在这种场合表演的问题。我不知道。我并不羡慕音乐家表演三重奏,一点也不。想象着面对一群人唱歌,,可没有人在认真听,你的歌只是作为谈话的背景音乐,你不需要努力用才艺盖住那些声音。

我想在一个更好的时间和场合,我可能也会尝试一下。希望在那个时候,就算我知道没有人在听,可我仍会在那些嘈杂的谈话中听见自己的声音,并心满意足。

(顺便说下,这并不是一篇伤感的博客,只是当下的一些现象引发出的思考。不过我现在不知道有什么新鲜事可以做。大家能给我点建议吗?)

注:Simon Cowell, 英国人,从1979年便开始了自己的流行音乐事业,由他慧眼识英并一手打造出著名男孩合唱团体Westlife。他是选秀节目《美国偶像》的创始人之一,也是三大评委之一,以尖刻严厉的“毒舌”著称。他的直率、经常有争议的批评,侮辱参赛者能力的俏皮话具有鲜明的个人特色。
        翻译:by Joyapple
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-10-11 11:33:52 | 显示全部楼层
。。。咋没见更新了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入姿饭

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表